Ceiling Pom Pom Tissue Balls are a fun and inexpensive way to spruce up a kids bedroom. These fun decorations have become very popular over the last year. They can be used in a nursery or kids bedroom and make perfect decorations for a birthday party or wedding.
These Ceiling Poms are simple to make! Just follow these steps:
- Gather your supplies. You will need at least 10 sheets of tissue paper in your color of choice, floral wire, fishing line and a good pair of scissors.
- Stack 10-15 sheets of tissue paper and lay out flat. Using more sheets will give you a fuller look for your poms.
- Fold your tissue paper accordion style. Your tissue paper will look like a long fan.
- Wrap floral wire around the center of your tissue paper and twist. Include a loop at the top for hanging. At this point tie fishing line in the loop and allow enough line for hanging your ceiling pom.
- Cut both ends of your tissue paper. For this pom, we cut it in a curve for a flowery look.
- Gently pull apart each layer to open up your pom. Adjust the layers until you are happy with the look. More sheets of paper will give you a fuller look.
- Hang your ceiling poms by the fishing line you attached in step four. We used clear push pins to attach our poms to the ceiling.
We hope you have fun making ceiling poms of your own! These are also fun to make with your kids. To make the small poms we used in this project cut the tissue paper in half.