Tips for Mixing Colors and Patterns in Your NurseryDo you want to create a look of your own that is as stunning and unique as Katy's nursery? Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Find an Inspiration Piece - Every design has to start somewhere. The perfect launching pad for your color palate is an inspiration item. This can be found anywhere. You may find a bedding set, fabric swatch, pillow or piece of art work that inspires you. Use this inspiration piece to come up with your color palate and general style. For this nursery the Lila Chevron Baby Bedding Set was the inspiration. The bedding provided the colors for the nursery and the chevron pattern design.
- Choose Patterns of Different Scale - Now that you have a color scheme to work with, assemble patterns of different scale and weight. Combine large scale patterns (such as the large scale chevron wall and large polka dot rug) with patterns of a smaller scale (such as the chevron and mod prints in the crib bedding).
- Add Some Solids - Choose one or two colors from you palate to use in solids and sprinkle your solids around the room. Notice the bright solid pinks used on the crib bedding, curtain trim, frames and stuffed animals spread throughout the room.
- Don't Forget Texture - One great way to bring life to a nursery is with texture. In the nursery above notice the soft area rug and the rosette trim on the curtain panels.
- Have Fun - Make your own rules! A nursery or kids bedroom is one place in your home where you can let your creative juices flow. So mix and match away and don't forget to share photos of your lovely room with us on Facebook. We'd love to see what you come up with!
If you are in love with the Lila Girls Chevron Crib Bedding Set used in this nursery be sure to check it out in our shop!
To see more details and pictures of this gorgeous nursery check out Lila's Chevron Nursery at Project Nursery.